Material Safety Data Sheet
Revision Date January 2006
For Chemical Emergency Call Chemtrex 800-424-9300
1. Substance/Company Identification PRODUCT NAME: PLUS 87
CAS NUMBER: 64742-01-4, 68649-42-3,
MANUFACTURER: Inland Vacuum Industries
Churchville NY 14428
2. Composition/ Ingredients GENERIC NAME: Solvent refined Neutral paraffinic oil,
zinc compound, and additive
CHEMICAL FORMULA: (CH2)n 25 =< n =< 45
HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS: None
3. Hazards Identification POSSIBLE ENTRY ROUTES: Ingestion, inhalation of oil mists
This product is not classified as hazardous.
ACUTE EFFECTS: Exposure to oil mists may cause nausea and eye
irritation. Detailed studies have not been made, but material is not
expected to be dermatitic or a sensitizer.
CHRONIC EFFECTS: Unknown.
4. First Aid Measures SKIN: Wash with soap and water.
EYES: Flush with water. Contact a physician!
INGESTION: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting.
Contact a physician. Small amounts in mouth may be washed out.
5. Fire Fighting Measures FLASH POINT: >210 C
METHOD USED: Cleveland Open Cup
EXPLOSIVE LIMITS LOWER: Unknown UPPER: Unknown
EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: Water fog, chemical foam or carbon
dioxide. NFPA Class III B Material.
SPECIAL FIREFIGHTING PROCEDURES: Wear breathing gear
when fighting fires in enclosed spaces; incomplete combustion of this
material produces carbon monoxide!
UNUSUAL FIRE AND/OR EXPLOSION HAZARDS: None
6. Accidental Release Measures PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED IN EVENT OF RELEASE:
Small spills may be wiped up with a rag. Large spills should be
picked up immediately with an absorbent.
7. Handling and Storage HANDLING: None known
STORAGE: None known
8. Exposure Controls/Personal Protection ENGINEERING CONTROL MEASURES: None required
RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: See notes on ventilation below.
PROTECTIVE GLOVES: Yes - made of oil-impermeable rubber
SAFETY GLASSES/GOGGLES: Yes - glasses should have side shields
OTHER PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: None should be required under
9. Physical & Chemical Properties PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
VAPOR PRESSURE: < .01 Torr @ 20C
EVAPORATION RATE (n-butyl acetate = 1): Nil
VAPOR DENSITY: >5
WT % VOLATILES: Nil
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.89
VISCOSITY: 175 cst @ 40 C
SOLUBILITY IN WATER: Nil
APPEARANCE: Dark Amber viscous liquid with a
10. Stability & Reactivity STABILITY: Material is stable
CONDITIONS TO AVOID: Continuous exposure to temperatures > 200 C
INCOMPATIBILITY (MATERIALS TO AVOID): Strong oxidizers
HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: Incomplete combustion
may produce carbon monoxide.
11. Toxicological Information ACUTE ORAL LD50(MG/KG): None known
ACUTE DERMAL LD50: None
ACUTE INHALATION: US Gov't 8 hr TWA limit for exposure to oil mists
is 5 mg per cubic meter
12. Ecological Information ENVIRONMENTAL: When used and/or disposed of as indicated, no
adverse environmental effects are foreseen.
MOBILITY: Non-volatile and insoluble in water.
DEGRADABILITY: Slowly biodegradable in aerobic conditions.
13. Disposal Considerations Product and packaging must be disposed of in accordance with Federal,
State and local regulations.
14. Transport Classification Not classified as hazardous for transport by air, sea or road.
15. Regulatory Information None
16. Other Information